Signing up to Join In
One weekend in August.
One celebration of grassroots sports.
One golden opportunity for every sports club in the UK.
Eddie Izzard explains more about it :
On 18/19th August (the first weekend after the Olympics and before the Paralympics), Join in Local Sport will encourage the nation to head down to where it starts for every great champion – their local sports club.
The aim of Join In is for every sports club in the UK to put on a special event or activity on the weekend of 18/19th August – capturing the enthusiasm for sport that we know the Games will generate.
Clubs and event organisers will need to create their own Event Page on the website which will feature details of the event and club, so that when people search for activity, the event will be featured and promoted.
This should take less than 5 minutes to do, and you will be able to go back and edit this and make any changes at any point.
We are encouraging all clubs to create their event page as soon as possible to enable us to start promoting their events. They need to register their event at www.joininuk.org where the website is now live and ready for you to create your own page.
The only information you will need to do this includes the following:
· Event Name
· Event Description
· Tick which sports will be happening at your event
· Tick which date your event will be happening: e.g Saturday 18th, Sunday 19th or all weekend
· Provide the name or venue/address of where your event will be happening
· Age range of who your event is for (this is a sliding scale and gives you the option to choose age ranges. E.g. 0-90)
· How many people you would like to attend
· Is your event free, aimed at beginners or looking for volunteers?: Click all relevant boxes
· Your club/venue details: e.g. club/venue name, contact email and create your own password,(so as the website develops you can log on and change details of your event)
For Further Information please see the attached Club Letter